To see the full result online, visithttp://result.educationboard.gov.bd
Number of GPA-5 achievers goes up
This year's Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination results show an over three-percent drop in the pass rate from last year but a jump in the number of students obtaining GPA-5.
This year 67.41 percent students passed while last year the figure was 70.81 percent.
A total of 45,934 students of eight education boards received the highest score of GPA-5 (Grade Point Average) this year. Last year 41,917 students got the highest score.
The number of schools with cent percent pupils passed has also increased to 2,726 from last year's 2,272.
The results were published yesterday, within two months of the exams.
Viqarunnisa Noon School and College of Dhaka once again became the top school in the country.
The average pass percentage of SSC, SSC (vocational) and Dakhil examinations, held under 10 education boards, including the Technical Education Board and Madrasa Board, also decreased by 1.29 percent as the total pass rate dropped to 70.89 percent from last year's 72.18 percent.
Some 3,08,136 examinees failed this year.
The results show a significant, 15.73 percent, rise of GPA-5 scorers with 62,307 students achieving the distinction--an increase of 9,807 from last year's 52,500.
This grading system was introduced in 2001 when only 76 examinees secured GPA-5.
The number of schools with zero pupils passed came down to 72 from last year's 91. This year the number of examinees expelled also continued to drop. Only 541 students were expelled against last year's 707.
As many as 10,58,674 students--5,56,839 boys and 5,01,835 girls--sat for this year's SSC and equivalent examinations and 7,50,538 of them passed. Pass percentage of boys and girls is 73.13 and 68.41 respectively.
For the first time, SSC examinations were held under the Dinajpur Education Board. At least 1,02,101 students sat for the examinations under this board and 64,913 of them passed.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid handed over the results to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina formally around 12:30pm yesterday. Chairmen of all the education boards were present on the occasion.
Announcing the official results at a press conference at the education ministry, he said, "A positive change in the standard of education has been made even though it fell short of our expectations."
The results were also made available on the education board website and in all schools and exam centres. The results could also be received via SMS on mobile phones.
THE 10 EDUCATION BOARDS Students of Madrasa Board did exceptionally well compared to those of the other nine education boards' with a pass rate of 85.85. About 1,59,444 students came out successful and of them 16,309 obtained GPA-5.
Students of Sylhet Education Board did better than those of the seven other general education boards. Sylhet Education Board had 78.71 percent of their examinees passed while Rajshahi Board had the lowest, 58.41 percent, of students passed.
In Sylhet Board 29,443 students came out successful and 1,896 of them obtained GPA-5. Last year, Sylhet Board had the lowest percentage of pupils passed.
In Dhaka Board, 69.11 percent, about 1,65,570 students, passed the SSC exams with 19,086 students securing GPA-5.
About 66,457 students or 58.41 percent passed the exam in Rajshahi Board with 4,474 achieving GPA-5.
In Comilla Education Board, 64,266 students, 72.77 percent, came out successful and 4,202 got GPA-5.
In Jessore Board, 72,271 students or 68.01 percent passed and 4,767 achieved GPA-5.
In Chittagong Board, 43,132 examinees passed with a success rate of 69.61 and 4,529 of them scored GPA-5.
In Barisal Board, 31,826 students were successful with a pass percentage of 65.63, while number of GPA-5 achievers is 1,688.
In Dinajpur Education Board, the pass rate is 63.58 percent. The number of GPA-5 securers is 5,292.
Students of the SSC (vocational) also did well this year with 70.90 percent passed. Some 53,216 students passed the exam, while 64 of them got GPA-5.
The success of science group students marked a slight drop to 83.75 percent compared to last year's figures. In humanities group 55.10 percent students passed and 72.06 percent passed in the business studies and commerce group.
Like the previous years, schools in urban areas, especially in the metropolitan cities, dominated with high number of the GPA-5 achievers and cent percent pass records.
TOP GPA-5 SECURING SCHOOLS The top GPA-5 securing schools of the eight general education boards are: Viqarunnisa Noon School and College (887) of Dhaka Board; Collegiate School (346) of Chittagong Board; Comilla Zilla School (264) of Comilla Board; Khulna Zilla School (199) of Jessore Board; Cantonment Public School and Collage, Rangpur, (197) of Dinajpur Board; Cantonment Public School and College, Bogra, (174) of Rajshahi Board; Blue Bird High School of Sylhet (138) of Sylhet Board and Barisal Zilla School (122) of Barisal Board.